Are you looking for more information on COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus)? The Center for Disease Control is closely monitoring this virus outbreak and has tons of information available on their website. Information is available online at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2Fabout%2Findex.html
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has information available online at: http://www.kdheks.gov/
Remember, the following are the best ways to protect yourself and your family against many respiratory viruses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- To keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should: Stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces